- Save a list of the contacts you would like to import into Announce into a Microsoft Excel or CSV file. Remember to include each contact’s full name and email address.
- Once logged in to your account, click on the Audience tab at the top of the page. Next, click on the Import contacts button, located near the top-right of the page. You will be taken to the Imports page. Click Create a new import on the top-right of the page.
- After reading the permissions reminder, check Yes, then click Continue. On the next page, click Choose file and upload your contact list file from your computer. The import screen will offer instructions for preparing the file, including special instructions for importing contacts into special fields. It will also walk you through the steps of mapping the information in each column to the appropriate fields in your account.
- Map your fields by following the directions on the import screen or click Guess to let the import screen try to make the matches for you. If your file contains a header row, use theSkip option to exclude it from your import. Click Continue.
- Next, choose your import style. Click Add only to add the new email addresses in your file. Click Add and update to update every contact record to match what is in your file (useAdd and update in cases where you want more information to be added to existing contact records).
- Create a new group for your import, or select an existing group in your audience. ClickContinue. Once you have reviewed your import summary, click Import to start the process.
The import speed will depend on the size of your file, as well as the size of your existing audience, but overall the process shouldn’t take too long.